This stainless steel rolling pin is the highest quality rolling pin that we have found and certainly worth the money!
If you are looking for the best, this stainless rolling pin is for you.
When you make pies, pastries, and scones, you must keep the dough cold--cold enough that the butter in the dough does not melt and make things soggy. Butter is 15% water and when those nuggets of butter hit the hot oven, the water turns to steam creating the flakey, crumbly texture that makes pies and pastries memorable.
A cold rolling pin helps. This is a big, heavy piece of stainless steel. When chilled, it will stay cold for a long time. Put your rolling pin in the refrigerator to chill 30 minutes before beginning to chill it. You'll have much longer to work with your dough before the butter melts and the dough becomes soggy.
* Very attractive design with a highly polished finish.
* The cold steel surface keeps your dough cool for better pastries and pies.
* Naturally cool, smooth, and highly polished surface makes dough easy to roll without sticking.
* Very nice balance. This rolling pin weighs almost five pounds. The heavy weight makes rolling the dough easier and quicker.
* Steel will not absorb fat, moisture, or odors.
* 19" over-all length.
* Nylon bearings for smooth rolling.